Hidden treasures are all over the 88,000 sq ft Gibson Mill Depot, but right in the middle of all those antiques you’ll discover a sandwich oasis, The Depot Deli!
Whether you’re planning on a marathon day of shopping, or you are stopping by specifically for lunch, their sandwiches are worth the trip.
- Located in the Cotton Room, these sandwiches are made with mountains of Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, and delicious sauces.
Owned by Cabarrus Brewing Company, they jumped at the opportunity to open in December 2022.
- Rusty Olson, Retail Director of CBC, said “We know that having a steady food offering is a great option for folks strolling the HUGE selection of antiques at The Depot. We have discovered that what we offer at the Depot Deli is exactly what their customers have wanted. Great quality food, heartfelt service; a place where you feel like a regular.”
With a huge selection of classic sandwiches, from the Depot BLT to their Reuben, there’s something for everyone. Plus, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can ask their helpful staff to create something unique just for you!
What’s in a Name? We love sandwiches with fun names…The Humpty Dance has us humming the 80s tune, but this egg salad sandwich is actually an ode to Humpty Dumpty!
The Depot Deli general manager Tameka Nelson and her team have been surprising shoppers with their tasty creations.
- She was proud to share with us that, “each sandwich we offer is special, and we guarantee great customer service from our friendly and happy staff! We offer fast service and a family-friendly atmosphere.”
We tried the Caprese Chicken Pesto sandwich with thick-cut fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil pesto, balsamic glaze, roasted red pepper on ciabatta and The Intimidator with EverRoast chicken, London broil roast beef, deluxe ham, applewood smoked bacon, and provolone cheese on a hoagie roll. Be sure to add a side of potato or pasta salad. Yum! 😋
🤔🥰 Why Do We Love It?
- You can dine in and purchase cold beer and wine
- Box lunch options are available
- They offer meat and cheese by-the-pound catering options
- You can even order online through their website
Not only do they offer amazing sandwiches, but they also serve chips, salads, soups, black & white cookies, crumble cake, brownie cookies, and more. Coming soon… Hot Dogs & Chili Dogs!
Customers have been raving about The Depot Deli on social media, with one person calling it “beyond delish” and another saying they had a “delicious lunch” there.
But, that’s not all! Customers have been asking for more snack options, and the Depot Deli is poised to deliver. They will soon be rolling out a curated selection of nostalgic candy and treats.
Rusty shared that supporting local businesses has a bigger impact than people think. “Small businesses help keep your money local,” he said, “and enable our neighbors and members of our communities to raise their families and prosper in Cabarrus County.” We couldn’t agree more!
So, if you’re planning a shopping trip to Gibson Mill, be sure to stop by The Depot Deli for a bite to eat. They’re open Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm and Sundays from 1 pm to 5 pm. And with 750+ booths to browse, you’ll need some sustenance to keep you going!
Need help to find them? Check out this video! Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram also.
Planning to visit? Tell ’em Cabarrus Weekly sent ya!