In a world filled with trendy eateries and bustling breweries, it can be refreshing to stumble upon a hidden gem like Pharr Mill Brewing & BBQ.
With two locations, one in Harrisburg and the other in Concord, this unassuming establishment has quietly garnered a loyal following among locals who have discovered its unique combination of craft beer and delectable barbecue!
The first thing I noticed as I sat at the bar at their Concord location was the friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Manager Ben Farris greeted each customer with a big smile and a joke, making everyone feel right at home.
Their Story 🍺🍖
Pharr Mill Brewing & BBQ first introduced its signature blend of flavors to the community in March 2019 when it opened at 105 Oakley Drive in Harrisburg.
- This is a favorite hangout for many locals who go there to enjoy music bingo and trivia nights.
In September 2022, Pharr Mill expanded to a second, larger location at 363 Church Street N. in Concord.
- This location features a spacious taproom with plenty of seating as well as an outdoor patio where guests can enjoy their barbecue, craft beer, and live music during the warmer months.
They also have event space available for rent.
Offset/all hickory Texas-style smoker at Harrisburg location.
Credit: Pharr Mill Brewing & BBQ, Facebook.
Craft Beer & BBQ 🍺🍖
The brewery features a wide variety of craft beers. In addition to brewing IPAs, blondes, and sours, Pharr Mill also produces its own seltzer.
- At both locations, they offer a rotating tap list, so there’s always something new and exciting to try. The most popular beer among customers is the Check Yourself Lager, followed closely by Don’t Be A Menace.
All of the grain they use is locally sourced from the Carolina Malthouse in Rowan County.
Pharr Mill also serves up mouthwatering barbecue that is homemade and cooked in an offset/all-hickory Texas-style smoker located at their Harrisburg location.
- Their smoked chicken wings and brisket are some of the most popular items on their menu. Customers also enjoy their pork belly green bean casserole and pork nachos.
Live Music in Concord 🎵
If you enjoy live music, you don’t want to miss out on the performances taking place each week at Pharr Mill Concord.
“I recommend Pharr Mill Brewing for live entertainment because they consistently offer up live music every Friday and Saturday night with delicious craft brews and the best wings in the county—all in an intimate, family-friendly environment,” says local resident Megan Smit, who reached out the Cabarrus Weekly to recommend Pharr Mill. “If you haven’t had the opportunity to sit outside in their breezeway on a nice evening, you’re missing out.”
- Upcoming performances include Mike Nolan as well as the No Trees Band.
With delicious food, great beer, and live music, Pharr Mill is the perfect place to relax and unwind with friends and family!
Visit one of their two locations at 105 Oakley Drive, Harrisburg, or 363 Church Street N, Concord to try for yourself! You can also see their menu online or follow them on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on their schedule of live performances.
Planning to visit? Tell ’em Cabarrus Weekly sent ya!