Health & Fitness Trends for 2023
Cabarrus County is home to a growing list of businesses centered around keeping you healthy and active. For those of you looking for ways to improve your health or increase your fitness level this year, this list of local fitness facilities, health solutions and nutrition services is just for you. Bookmark this page and keep it handy so you always know where to go to get your health on.
Fitness Options by City/Town
- Eat the Frog Fitness
Their trainers harness the science of your body through fit assessments, InBody evaluations, and personal coaching to help you achieve incredible results. Eat the Frog Fitness offers you an immersive experience that includes IMAX screens, music and lights that are matched to your workout. Free session offered.
- Elite Fitness
Whether you want to spend the afternoon lifting on your own or working with a trainer, Elite Fitness is here to help you take your fitness to the next level. 7 day free trial is offered.
- Get Fit Together
A boutique group fitness studio specializing in group training for clients whose goals are to get fit and lead an active lifestyle. Services include group heart rate training (monitor and app), single drop-in passes, personal training, HIIT, LIIT, HIRT, boot camp, strength training, yoga, barre, circuits and more. 7 day free pass is offered.
- HiTONE Fitness
Get the guidance you need to understand your unique fitness objectives and the support you need to reach them. Your own personal plan that doesn’t just list your unique fitness goals, but actually shows you the path to take: the specific exercise and workouts to get there, set out over the next days, weeks, and months. Services also include hydromassage and red light therapy. 7 day trial is offered.
- ISI Elite Training
Their comprehensive training programs build self-confidence, increase muscular strength, endurance, enhance explosive power, improve flexibility, speed, and agility. Workouts will never be the same back to back to keep optimizing results. Offers an app and IronKidz room. One week free trial is available.
- 9Round Afton
9Round is a specialized fitness center for people who want an unique, fun, and proven workout that guarantees results. 9Round offers a kickboxing themed fitness program that incorporates a functional, interval, cardiovascular, and circuit training regimens. New Member Offer: 9Round for only $99! 🥊With this offer, you’ll receive unlimited workouts and your new member gear, including boxing gloves, hand wraps, and a wearable heart rate monitor.
- Orangetheory Fitness
Offers a total-body group workout that combines science, coaching and technology to guarantee maximum results from the inside out. It’s designed to charge your metabolism for more caloric afterburn, more results, and moreconfidence, all to deliver you more life.
- BurnBoot Camp
Offers challenging 45-min workouts, complete nutritional support, trainer, focus meetings, complimentary childwatch, and the best fitness community in the world. Unlimited camps, nutrition guidance and virtual workouts are also offered. Free trial available.
- CrossFit Harrisburg
Incorporates aspects of weightlifting, gymnastics, and metabolic conditioning into workouts that blur the distinction between traditional strength and cardio training. Free intro classes are available.
- HPT High Performance Training
HPT provides a safe place for you to grow into your best physical condition. They will teach you proper form, help you with your fitness plan or spot you on your big lifts. InBody Composition Scanner, nutrition consulting, personal training and group classes are also offered.
- Quantum Fitness
A high quality gym dedicated to affordable health and wellness. QF’s amenities evolve to meet the needs of the community with offerings that include modern fitness (games and competitions), saunas, salad bar, personal nutritionist and monthly guest passes. 10% off first responders/military.
- Planet Fitness
Get high-quality fitness at an affordable price. Planet Fitness offers low startup fees, no-commitment options as well as the PF Black Card® where you can get all the perks all in the Judgement Free Zone®. Affordable plans as low as $10/mo | Join PF Black Card for $1 down.
- Next Level Personal Training
If you want to successfully change your body, in a safe way and with lasting results, the only effective way to do this is through making changes in your exercise and nutrition habits. However, the specific changes may be different for each individual based on many physiological, lifestyle, and other factors. At Next Level, we work closely with our clients to formulate programs that target their individual needs in these areas. We employ only the most qualified trainers, who are both nationally certified and highly experienced, in order to provide our clients with the highest level of personalized fitness service. We also offer comprehensive nutrition and weight loss coaching programs by trained specialists.
- Tiger Gym
A community gym where all members have 24-hour unlimited access to the facility. They offer strength training, cardio, personal training and reduced rates for students and senior citizens.
Community Health Resources
Did you know that each of the local municipalities have programs to help you stay active? Try out these free community-based health programs that are offered in Cabarrus County:
- Walk Cabarrus
A community-side walking campaign focused on creating a healthier community. It encourages people to get out and walk throughout communities in Cabarrus County and all the places they can participate in active living. Free to sign up and participate!
- City of Concord
- Town of Harrisburg
- Youth Weightlifting: Ages 6-13 | Cost $75 | Participants will learn safe and proper age-appropriate technique as an introduction to the Olympic sport of weightlifting, as well as general physical and athletic drills and movement patterns.
- City of Kannapolis
- Loop the Loop: Walking and tracking miles
- Run Kannapolis: 5K Run Series – 2023 not listed currently
- Appetite for Life: Cutting-edge research taking place at the Nutrition Research Institute
- Zumba Latina: Tues and Thurs, 6-7pm at Shady Brook Elementary, 903 Rogers Lake Road | Free
- Free Community Yoga at CHA: Friday nights from 6-7pm | Ages 12+ | For people at all levels of fitness. Students will learn the fundamentals of proper alignment as well as how to breathe fully
- Town of Mount Pleasant
- Town of Midland
- Tai Chi (Catalog # 7685) Thurs, 10-11am | 1/03-2/10 | LunchPlus Club Multipurpose Room, United Love Baptist Church, 11487 Flowes Store Rd | Cost $18 | 18+
- Total Body Strength and Cardio (Catalog # 7675) Wed, 9:30-10:30am | 1/03-2/10 | LunchPlus Club Multipurpose Room, United Love Baptist Church, 11487 Flowes Store Rd | Cost $18 | 18+
- Line Dance (Catalog # 7700) Fri, 9-10am | 1/03-2/10 | LunchPlus Club Multipurpose Room, United Love Baptist Church, 11487 Flowes Store Rd | Cost $18 | 18+
Healthy Nutrition Solutions
Eating and drinking healthier has never been easier with more and more options popping up around Cabarrus County. Here are just a few to visit:
- Clean Juice (Concord Mills) Their cleanses provide nutrient-packed juice in easy-to-drink bottles so that you can consume a significant amount of vitamins & minerals in a day that you wouldn’t be able to do through eating.
- Union Street Nutrition (Concord) Specializes in fresh juices, smoothies, protein smoothies, acai bowls, avocado toast, organic wraps, salad bowls, and organic, cold-pressed juice & juice cleanses.
- Mochica (Concord) Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken – The most awesome thing about Mochica is the fact that they use organic and clean ingredients- including the chicken.
- Green Leaf’s and Bananas (Concord Mills Food Court) It is a welcome change from the usual mall restaurants. There are a variety of salads, sandwiches, smoothies and other items to choose from.
- UNC Lettuce Eat Cafe at NC Research Center (Kannapolis) A hidden gem that is open to the public! Offers sandwiches and salads in addition to daily specials and soups. Free Wi-fi.
One of the fastest growing sports, Pickleball is a combination of badminton, tennis and table tennis. It’s easier on the knees than tennis, and many leagues include a social aspect as well.
- Hartsell Recreation Center (Concord) M, W, F / 9:00am-3:00pm | Open play | Ages 30 + | Courts open to the Public | No fee | Provide your own equipment
- Logan Multi-Purpose Center (Concord) Tues/Thurs 10:00am-2:00pm | Open play | No fee | Provide your own equipment
- Frank Liske Park (Concord) There are 2 tennis courts lined for this game. Courts open to the public | No fee | Provide your own equipment
- Stallings Road Park (Harrisburg) Two outdoor hard courts with lines overlaid on a tennis court | Free to use
- Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA Kannapolis: Singles and doubles | West Cabarrus: Singles only (Membership based)
- Cabarrus County Club (Concord) Offers pickleball leagues. (Membership based)
- Sportscenter Fitness & Athletic Club The front desk has the most up to date schedule (Membership based)
Unique Health Solutions and Prevention
- The Salt Suite (Concord) Salt therapy, or halotherapy, is an all-natural approach to finding relief that involves breathing in dry salt deep into your airways and lungs. Using a halogenerator, we replicate the therapeutic environment of salt mines to alleviate most respiratory, lung, and skin conditions.