With all the hustle and bustle going on in downtown Concord, we all just need a place to chill and relax…Welcome to Union Street Nutrition! ✨ Serving healthy shakes, energizing teas, and good vibes.
What’s on the menu…
🐵 Most Popular Shake: Chunky Monkey. It might sound like a dessert, but it is also good for you! All shakes have less than 1% dairy, 24 g of protein, and 21 vitamins and minerals.
🍓 Most Popular Tea: Berry Happy. The teas are energizing and are more like a clean energy drink than a typical tea because they include antioxidants and are made from a green and black tea blend. There’s no sugar or aspartame, and they also include aloe which helps with digestion and bloating.
☕ You can’t forget the coffee! Everyone loves the peanut butter cup coffee! Served hot, iced, or blended, each coffee also contains 21 vitamins and minerals and 20 g of protein.
You can find all of the macros and nutrition information for everything on owner Megan Baranko’s menu and she’s happy to swap out ingredients or make up flavors based on customer suggestions. Her recommendations are the Banana Nut Bread shake or the Sugar Magnolia tea. We tried the Concord Mule Tea, an herbal tea with antioxidants, B & C vitamins, and ginger and aloe to help with digestion. It was delicious and tasted just like a Moscow Mule, but healthy!
How did USN get its start?
Originally from Pennsylvania, Megan has lived in North Carolina for the last 10 years. She started her nutrition journey working at a local nutrition club. After learning how to run the business, she decided it was time to venture out on her own.
- She knew she wanted to open her business in an up-and-coming downtown area and liked the historic and artistic aspect of Downtown Concord and the direction it was headed. So that was when “she jumped in with both feet”.
She describes her shop as a “happy place,” which she designed herself. The comfy furniture, the artwork on the walls, and even the ultra-cool music-themed bathroom were all created with the intention of making the atmosphere happy and bright when people came in.
- Her goal is to give them healthy alternatives, and a visit can be as leisurely or as quick as you want it to be. In a hurry? You can be in and out in less than 5 minutes and even pre-order by sending her a Facebook or Instagram message! Want to sit back and unwind for a bit? Then grab a seat and enjoy your shake or tea on the comfy couch next to the big picture windows.
As if running her own business wasn’t enough…Megan also has a full-time job as the Director of Recruitment at Precision Athletics in Mooresville. She has been participating in sports since she was a young child and eventually went on to play collegiate volleyball at Greensboro College where she began her coaching career as well.
What’s happening in April?
- 🎉 USN will be celebrating its 1 Year Anniversary with a different decade theme each week. There will be discounts and other fun stuff happening so follow her Instagram and Facebook profiles for all the latest news.
- 🧘 Yoga on Monday evenings at 6:30 pm so customers can gather and recharge.
- 👕 For Autism Awareness Month, she will donate 50% of the sales from her T-shirt to Ian Howard, an autistic entrepreneur and motivational speaker who owns Fire Clothing in downtown Concord.
When asked what she would want people to know about Union Street Nutrition, Megan replied “I want this place to be a place where people feel safe and comfortable.” Kids, parents, grandparents, and dogs alike (yes, they are pet friendly!) She strives for success because to her that means she can give back more to the community that supports her.
What are her customers saying?
- My new obsession! I don’t always have time to grab a full meal or even really want a meal but these shakes have saved me. Not only are the drinks packed with nutrients but they are delicious. The shakes come with a tea that helps you absorb all the good stuff the shake is packed with and they fill you up without being bloated and uncomfortable. I had the shake and tea combo at 12, didn’t eat again til 5 and I was full the entire time. It’s a very welcome addition to an already growing area. – Shantica
- Loved stopping into Union Street Nutrition for the first time! I got a protein coffee which was delicious. Megan was so kind and spent time helping me choose a drink that I’d love. Can’t wait to go back and try something else! – Liz
Planning to visit? Tell ’em Cabarrus Weekly sent ya!