Michael Waltrip Taproom offers a carefully curated menu, 24 signature beers, and a family-friendly environment.
Concord (Concord Mills Area)
📍 7731 Gateway Ln NW, Concord, NC 28027
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Former NASCAR driver Michael Waltrip has expanded his beer and lifestyle brand with the opening of the Michael Waltrip Taproom in Concord. The original brewery which opened in Bristol, Virginia in 2020, has quickly gained popularity for its wide range of beers. The Taproom opened its doors in May 2023, just minutes away from the iconic Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- This strategic location pays homage to Waltrip’s racing career, as he made his Cup debut at the 1985 Coca-Cola World 600 on the very track that neighbors the taproom.
The Michael Waltrip Taproom takes pride in offering a carefully curated menu that focuses on the essentials: beer, wings, burgers, and fries. Jena Henderson, President of Elevatus Brand Partners, told us the taproom aims to be excellent in a few key areas. “You can expect Great Food and Great Service. Great Beer is a given.”
Among the mouthwatering options on the menu, the fry flight is a must-try! This incredible combination features three different styles of fries, including garlic truffle, beer cheese, and bacon, and the signature MW seasoned fries with a sweet and smoky flavor.
- We also tried “The Bobby Ray”, a wagyu beef burger topped with pimento cheese, bacon jam, and jalapeños… AMAZING!
For beer enthusiasts, the taproom boasts 24 beers on tap, including Waltrip’s signature brews such as MW Bristol Sunshine, MW Wheelman Brown Ale, and MW Talladega “Light.” You can even take home a 4-pack of Michael Waltrip beer to enjoy later.
Spanning 8,000 square feet, the taproom can accommodate approximately 240 people indoors, with an additional 100 seats available on the spacious 1,500-square-foot patio. With plans to add a deck for live music in the future, the Michael Waltrip Taproom is more than just a place to enjoy great food and beer.
- It aims to create a family-friendly environment, complete with billiards, pop-a-shot basketball games, darts, and poker tables. Multiple flat-screen TVs broadcasting races, college games, and professional sports further enhance the fun atmosphere.
Keep an eye on their social media platforms for information about pool and poker leagues, car and bike nights, and more!
Jena said, “The Michael Waltrip Taproom is excited to be an active part of the community.” With partnerships already established with the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers, the taproom aims to get involved with local little league teams and other community initiatives. The taproom is also planning monthly specials and ongoing promotions for kids and first responders.
- Visitors should not forget to explore the merchandise section, offering a range of t-shirts, hats, glassware, and ARTC tumblers and coolers.
The Michael Waltrip Taproom is just the beginning of an ambitious expansion plan. With intentions to open 100 taprooms in the next five years, including two more in the Charlotte area, the brand seeks to establish a presence in NASCAR cities such as Dayton, Richmond, and Fort Worth. This rapid growth is made possible through a partnership with Bevana Partners, an award-winning beverage platform renowned for helping breweries expand their distribution reach.
The Michael Waltrip Taproom is an exciting addition to Cabarrus County, bringing together the thrill of NASCAR and the love for great beer. With its inviting atmosphere, great food options, and extensive selection of Michael Waltrip Brewing Company’s beers, this taproom promises an unforgettable experience for racing enthusiasts, beer lovers, and families alike.
Whether you’re a fan of racing, good food, or simply looking for a new spot to relax and enjoy a cold brew, the Michael Waltrip Taproom is a must-visit destination.
- For those interested in joining the team, the taproom is currently hiring, and more information can be found on their website.
- Mondays: BOGO Burgers
- Tuesdays: ½ Price Signature Champion Cocktails
- Wednesdays: $1 Wings
- Thursdays: ½ Price Snack Bar Items from 7pm-Close
- Sundays: Lager Lap $2 Off Draft Lager
Planning to visit? Tell ’em Cabarrus Weekly sent ya!