Cabarrus Weekly is giving you a peek inside this members-only social club that is actually affordable and packed with options.
Exclusive, private clubs are making a comeback and you don’t have to leave Cabarrus County to find one of the coolest and most unique. Located in the center of downtown Kannapolis, The Blind Fox has come to life in the former 1930s fallout shelter of Mr. Cannon.
- Ken Lingafelt (one of the owners) was born and bred in North Carolina and has lived in Kannapolis for most of his life. He said he and his fellow innovators that form the West Ave District Group “wanted to create something that no one else was doing” by turning this incredible space into a social club.
Hidden Underground Gem
The main room at the Blind Fox features a beautiful bar and many intimate seating nooks to choose from. As you enter, you literally feel like you have been transported in time to another era. It feels only natural to set your smartphone aside and just enjoy the company of friends and sip a delicious cocktail… well unless you are taking selfies and sharing on social media, which we couldn’t resist doing either.
- Kayla Garmon, Manager of the Blind Fox, says the reason it is so special is that “it’s the best kept secret in Kannapolis. We love blowing people away the first time they come in, either as new members or part of a party!”
So, What Are We Drinking?
Bourbon is all the rage right now and the Blind Fox features a selection of over one hundred new, vintage, and rare bourbons. Their certified mixologists will expertly guide you through a curated list of spirits, craft you a classic or seasonal cocktail, or pour your new favorite imported wine or local craft beer.
- Just one example is the Reed’s Gold Mine which has Four Roses Bourbon, Ginger, Simple Syrup, and Fresh squeezed lemon juice. Served ‘on the rock’ and garnished with candied ginger and lemon.
You can also choose a delicious charcuterie board to enjoy while you are there or order from nearby Chophouse 101 and they will deliver right to your table.
One of a Kind Event Space
The first time we stepped into the Barrel Room, we thought we were on set for an episode of Game of Thrones! A main table that extends the length of the room, lined with candelabras is the centerpiece. But this space also has intimate seating around the fireplace as well as high-top tables, depending on your preference.
- The Barrel Room is available for private events but is also being used by the Blind Fox to give members an abundance of food, beverage, and entertainment options to enjoy.
A Wedding Theme to Die For
The first-ever wedding at the Blind Fox has a unique story that saw the couple landing in Cabarrus County for their nuptials after considering options like New Orleans (or the courthouse). Jeremy and Jennifer Whitesides are a couple who believe in letting the universe dictate their journey.
After getting engaged, they were in the speakeasy having drinks and ended up talking with Kayla, the manager, who suggested they get married in the Barrel Room.
- Jeremy said after that the ideas flowed, and they opted for “a party with a side of vows.” They invited their guests to join them in their Roaring 20s-themed event, and they arrived dressed to the nines which made the night even more magical.
The ultra-talented photographer Michael Anderson was on hand to capture the beauty of this couple, their friends, and a completely unique wedding experience at the Blind Fox. See the entire album on his Facebook page.
Enjoy a Smoke in the Cigar Lounge
The Blind Fox also has its own Cigar Lounge. Cigar aficionados may order from a selection of premium imported cigars to savor in their members’ outdoor smoking lounge. Cigar events, such as a Rocky Patel “meet and greet” will be held at The Blind Fox in the upcoming months. Check back with Cabarrus Weekly for more information as we get it.
👨🍳 🍽️ A Supper Club is held each Sunday and features a different local chef.
🎤 🍷 Thursdays feature live music, half-price bottles of wine, and $1 off Sidecars.
🍸 🥃 Seasonal cocktails and Bourbon tastings are offered on a rotating basis.
Membership Has Its Privileges
Members receive exclusive social invitations to creative programming including guided bourbon, wine, and cigar tastings, dinner and holiday parties, community gatherings, live music performances, and other special events.
- “We offer an exclusive experience that is accessible beyond Charlotte and our members get additional perks at the beautifully redone historic Swanee Theater across the street,” said Garmon. “We love how personal we can make the experience for our members with the ability to rent out the Barrel Room for their own personal events too!”
To obtain membership, choose one of the options below:
- Come during business hours and sign up/pay the doorman.
- Purchase your membership while visiting with a Blind Fox member.
- E-mail the Blind Fox at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members are welcome by reservation Wednesday through Sunday, and on a first-come, first-serve basis to tables not already reserved. They are closed weekly on Monday and Tuesday. Visit their website for more information.
Planning to visit? Tell ’em Cabarrus Weekly sent ya!