Photography: Michael A. Anderson Photography
📅 Dec 1st–3rd 2023
📍 The Hotel Concord, 14 Union Street N, Concord, NC 28025
In Cabarrus County, the Boys & Girls Club’s Festival of Trees has been a long-standing tradition that kicks off the holiday season in style, transforming the historic Hotel Concord into a winter wonderland filled with over 40 theme-decorated trees, dazzling lights, and the warmth of holiday cheer.
The 19th Annual Festival of Trees, presented by The Hotel Concord Event Venue, is set to take place from December 1-3, 2023 at the historic Hotel Concord. The venue provides the perfect backdrop for this magical event, with its historic charm and elegant ambiance.
- The inaugural FOT was held in 2005, with 28 sponsors and raised $31,000. $123,000 was raised during the 2022 event, with 48 sponsored trees and over 900 attendees throughout the weekend.
This year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever, with a wide range of activities and opportunities for everyone to get involved and contribute to a brighter future for the children and families served by the Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County.
Boys & Girls Club Serves the Kids in Our Community
The Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County has been serving the youth in the community since 1946. Their mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need them the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
- They do this by offering afterschool and summer programs, tutoring, counseling, afternoon meals, and weekend meal boxes to over 1500 local youth.
These programs are a lifeline for many children, providing mentorship, educational opportunities, and a safe haven to grow and thrive. Your involvement in the Festival of Trees directly contributes to the success of these programs.
There are several ways you can get involved in the Festival of Trees and support the Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County:
- Become a Sponsor: Sponsorships are available at various levels, including Angel, Star, Silver Bell, Tree, and Table sponsorships. Depending on your level of sponsorship, you can enjoy designated events and make a significant impact on the community.
- Volunteer: If you’re a creative individual, consider participating as a tree decorator for sponsored trees. Approved decorators receive complimentary tickets to the Deck the Halls Gala, giving you a chance to showcase your creativity and support the Boys & Girls Club.
- Donate: If you’re unable to attend the event in person, you can still make a meaningful contribution by donating. Every donation, no matter the size, makes a difference in the lives of the children and families served by the Boys & Girls Club.
- Attend the Events: Purchase tickets for one or more of the Festival of Trees events. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy a festive evening while supporting a great cause. Tickets typically go on sale starting October 1st.
Decorated Trees Make This Event a Winter Wonderland
One of the main attractions of the Festival of Trees is, of course, the stunning array of decorated Christmas trees. Local businesses, organizations, and individuals come together to decorate and showcase their own unique trees. Each tree is a work of art, representing the creativity and holiday spirit of the contributors. The themes are as diverse as the community itself, ranging from traditional and elegant to whimsical and fun.
There are a variety of events to suit every preference and schedule over the course of the 3-day event, making it easy for you to be a part of the festivities. Here are some highlights of the weekend:
🎉 🎅 🎶 Schedule of Events
Deck the Halls Gala: Friday, Dec 1st from 8pm – Midnight
The weekend kicks off in style with an elegant evening of dining, dancing, and singing along with InfiniteSoul. It’s an occasion to deck yourself out in your most festive attire and share in the joy of the season.
Heavy hors d’oeuvres, beer, and wine
$150 per adult (21 and older only) ➡️ Purchase Tickets
Holly-day Hop: Saturday, Dec 2nd from 7–11pm
Get ready to dance the night away as The Tonez take the stage. After enjoying a delicious buffet meal, let the shag style shenanigans of the band get you on your toes and dancing the night away.
Buffet dinner, beer, and wine
$125 per adult (21 and older only) ➡️ Purchase Tickets
Fa-La-La Lunch: Sunday, Dec 3rd from 11am–2pm
To round out the weekend festivities, gather with friends and family for a delightful Fa-la-la Lunch among the beautifully decorated trees. It’s the perfect way to end this heartwarming holiday celebration.
$35 per adult/$15 per child (under 10) ➡️ Purchase Tickets
As the holiday season approaches, consider making the Festival of Trees a part of your family’s traditions. By attending the events, becoming a sponsor, volunteering, or making a donation, you are contributing to a brighter future for these young individuals, helping them reach their full potential and fostering a sense of community and hope during the holiday season. So, mark your calendars, purchase your tickets, and prepare to celebrate the joy of the season at the Festival of Trees.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved in the Festival of Trees, you can reach out to Mary Wilder at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can provide you with more information and help you find the best way to contribute to this wonderful cause.
Planning to visit? Tell ’em Cabarrus Weekly sent ya!